Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: B18C1 specs...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member blowncivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2000
    Posts
    508
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Does anyone have "facts" on the IAB valve (2nd intake runners) and VTEC engagments for the B18C1? I've heard so many different rpm points for both, so...let's "talk" about it.

    It sounds like the majority is going with VTEC=4400 and IAB=5600. ???

    Tom

    Also, if I used a VTEC/fuel controller, does anyone have any good recommendations on lowering the VTEC engagment?

    ------------------
    '92 Civic Si H/B B18C1 powered and lovin' it!...J&S Safeguard, custom 2.5" B-pipe, Tenzo-R muffler.

    '99 Goped (X-ped) Fully modified, 32 mph, 17,000 rpm!!!

    D16Z6 and JRSC kit for sale, together or seperate.

    <A HREF="mailto:[email protected]
    [email protected]">[email protected]
    [email protected]</A>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member smeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2000
    Posts
    86
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I thought it was vtec at 4400 and IAB at 5750...anyone else?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member G3-TEG's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 1999
    Posts
    678
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You are correct:

    4400VTEC
    5800 (5750) IAB.. close enough

    ------------------
    Fully built - TO4e powered

    http://www.c-speedracing.com

  4. #4
    Inactive Member blowncivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2000
    Posts
    508
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I know of controllers like the Apexi VAFC and what it does, but does anyone make a controller that will lower the IAB engagment? Would we benifit from this? I know the principle behind the technology (smaller tube--higher velocity--more torque at lower rpm) but, has anyone experimented with this at lower rpm points?

    Tom

  5. #5
    Inactive Member blowncivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2000
    Posts
    508
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Anyone...anyone...?

    Tom

  6. #6
    Inactive Member G3-TEG's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 1999
    Posts
    678
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't think there are any electronic devices out there that modify the activation point of the secondaries. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure why not?

    I think its because those butterflies are for low end economy driving situations. And when you are ON the gas (WOT) you are most likely above 4000-5000rpms where the secondaries would be open or near opening and on VTEC so there really is no point?

    Just babbling here..

    On a turbocharged car those secondary butterflies are practically useless, a more restriction to air flow than anything else... I've seen many people rip out (gut) the plenum to rid the car of the butterfly valves on GSR manifolds.

    shrug.

    C speedbanner


  7. #7
    Inactive Member blowncivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2000
    Posts
    508
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    No point? I don't know about anyone else, who's still NA, but I don't feel any significant power increase when VTEC kicks in, but I do feel it when the secondaries open. It's just too bad that I have to wait until almost 6000 rpm to feel it.

    Tom

  8. #8
    Inactive Member blowncivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2000
    Posts
    508
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ???

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •